‘Nepal, the land of high Himalayan Mountains with world eight tallest peaks'
A Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, and land locked country located South Asia between China in the North and India within East, West and South within very lap of massive Central Himalaya, where most world tallest peak situated.
Nepal a country blessed with unique natural beauty of high Himalayan mountain range, from world highest Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Cho-Oyu, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu to massive Annapurna Himalaya within the size of the country at 147, 181 sq.km.
Nepal with length of 885 km and width of 193 km, Latitude of 26° 22’ N- 30° 27 N and longitude of 80°4’ E- 88° 12’ E and Kathmandu the capital city and commercial hub of country.
Nepal also world richest country in terms of bio-diversity due to varied geographical positions, where altitude rises from 60 m above sea level to highest point on earth, Mt. Everest at 8,848 m, all in a mere distance of 150 km that results into dramatic climatic changes from Sub-tropical-Alpine to Arctic.
Due to its unique positions with all types of weather, dramatic landscapes, varied vegetation’s with world highest mountains makes Nepal an ultimate destination in this planet.
Nepal a country where wide world people can choose various holidays from cultural, historical tour, visit pilgrimage places of both Hindu and Buddhism sites with birth place of Lord Buddha (light of Asia), and the land of legendry Gorkha famous around the world as brave soldiers.
One can just relax enjoying natural sceneries in the harmony of vivid various cultures, or join in for scenic country walks as Nepal offers more as leading country for all types of outdoor activities and adventure sports from trekking, mountaineering, white water rafting, kayaking, mountain biking to jungle safari.
In Nepal visitors can choose and enjoy various holiday destinations including wild-life safari in dense green jungles, riding on elephant on the lookout for rare and endangered Royal Bengal Tiger and other mammals with hundreds of different species of birds.
2020 also a Visit Nepal year, welcomes all travelers to join in varied different activities that Nepal has to offer with warm and traditional hospitality of Nepalese in the country of great enchantment.
Nepal besides natural beauty of high mountains, lakes, rolling green hills and valleys enriched with incredible cultures, where one visit around famous World Heritage Sites from ancient religious monuments to historical places of great interest.
It has four major seasons Spring: (Mid Feb to May), Summer: (June to August), (3) Autumn: (September-November), Winter: December-February.
Nepal can be visited all year round.
Nepal at a glance:
Nepal-occupying only 0.03% of the earth-is home to:
02 % of all the flowering plants in the world; 08 % of the world's population of birds (more than 857 species); 04 % of mammals on earth; 11 of the world's 15 families of butterflies (more than 500 species); 600 indigenous plant families; 319 species of exotic orchids.
Geography : Situated between China in the north and India in the South.
Capital : Kathmandu with 1.5 million.
Population : 28 Million
Language : Nepali the national language. However travel-trade people understands and speak English as Well.
Political System: Republic with Multi- Party Democracy.
People : Nepal has more than 60 ethnic groups and 70 native spoken languages.
Religion : 70-75 % Hindu, 20 % Buddhist, 3 % Muslim and rest with some Christianity and ancient Bon sect of Pre-Buddhism.
Currency : Nepalese Rupee
National anthem: Sayaun Thunga Phool Ka (different species of flowers in one bouquet)
Time : 5 hours 45 minutes ahead of GMT
Climate : Climate ranges from tropical in the low lands to cooler alpine mid hills to arctic zone temperatures in higher altitude of snow and glaciers.
Some special facts of the Country:
Nepal is the only country in the planet earth with altitudinal variation that ranges from 70 meters to 8848 meters
- Nepal’s Flag is the only national flag in the world that is not quadrilateral in shape.
- Eight of the highest peaks out of fourteen which are above 8,000 m of the world including Mt. Everest (8,848 m) situated in Nepal.
- Birthplace of Lord Buddha (Light of Asia)
- Nepal is second richest country in water resource after Brazil and has the capacity of generating 84,000 Mega Watts of hydro power potentiality.
- Nepal is the land of brave Gorkha serving in British and Indian Army as well in Singapore and has won 24 Victoria Cross. Nepal’s sovereignty was never in foreign hand.
- 6,500 known species of trees, shrubs and wild-flowers are in Nepal and 2% flowering plant in the world with 319 species of exotic orchid.
- Nepal constitutes more that 8.5% of the world’s total bird species. It has nearly 870 species of birds, which arguably more than the whole continent of Europe and North Africa combined. Nepal has 4.2% of the world’s butterfly species which is over 650 species of butterflies.
- Nepal has deepest valley in the world that is Arun valley and deepest gorge of Kaligandaki Gorge, located on ancient Trans Himalayan Trade Route of Nepal to Tibet.
- It has one of the largest concentrations of Royal Bengal Tiger, Second largest population of One-horned Rhino, best habitat for Snow Leopard and Swamp deer.
- Nepal is one of the best arenas for Extreme & Adventure Sport tourism such as mountaineering, cannoning, paragliding, mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, bungee jumping, high altitude marathon etc.
- Kathmandu valley has got seven world heritages within the distance of only 20 kilometers. Tilicho Tal in Manang district is the lake situated at the highest elevation in the world.